This Respiratory Matters Diploma is suitable for Health Care Professionals who are caring for people with COPD. Courses can be completed via distance learning with two mandatory study days or via e-learning.
The courses measurable learning outcomes have been benchmarked at level 5, using Ofqual’s regulated qualifications Framework (RCF) level descriptors to allow participants to consider the depth of study, difficulty, and level of achievement involved.
The COPD Diploma has been accredited by the CPD certification service. Accredited CPD training means the learning activity has reached the required Continuing Professional Development standards and benchmarks. The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality. The CPD Certification Service provides recognised independent CPD accreditation compatible with global CPD requirements
There is also the option of completing the Certificate in COPD, rather than the diploma. Formative assessments are completed throughout the study days but there is no formal written assessement to submit. Please see our training course section.
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of COPD.
- Understand the principles of appropriate tests including spirometry to assist in confirming the diagnosis of COPD.
- Understand appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological management of a person with COPD.
- Be able to empower people with COPD to take control of their condition through gold standards reviews.
- Be able to apply evidence-based practice through use of protocols.
- Appraise an area of current practice by measuring it against pre-selected standards, in order to identify and implement areas for change.
|mandatory Study days||Submission||Area||Cost||Availability|
|27/09/22, 28/09/22||30/03/23||Huddersfield||£750.40 inc VAT||Available|
|14/03/23, 15/03/23||14/09/23||Huddersfield||£750.40 inc VAT||Available|
|19/09/23, 20/09/23||19/03/24||Huddersfield||£750.40 inc VAT||Available|
e-learning courses available throughout the year
Our elearning diploma is delivered via our VLE and contains presentations, interactive quizzes, videos,resources and useful links. 1-2-1 Tutorials are available every month througout the course via Zoom, or by telephone if you would prefer.
|open availability||6 months||National||£638.40 inc VAT||Available|
Please contact us for further information and an application form [email protected]